This Policy applies to the site :www.worknstay.ca.
Date of last update : September 24 2020
Your privacy is of utmost importance to LES SERVICES INTERMÉDIAIRES D’HÉBERGEMENT WORKNSTAY INC. (“WorknStay”), which owns this site.
- How your personal information is collected and handled. Personal information is any information that can identify you, directly or indirectly. This includes your first and last name, your age, your postal address, your e-mail address, your location or your IP address;
What are your rights regarding this information;
- Who is responsible for the personal information collected and processed;
- To whom this information is transmitted;
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal Code
- Email address
- Telephone/Fax number
- Gender or sex
- Age/Date of birth
- Education/training (only asked to students)
- Worker or Student
- Employer Contact Information
The personal information we collect is collected through the methods of collection described below, in the “Forms and Methods of Collection” and following sections.
- FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Website management
- Requirements for profile checks
- DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected. Your consent will be required for the use of your personal information for WorknStay business purposes.
WorknStay retains personal information for a reasonable period of time, either to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law, whichever is longer. We establish retention criteria based on the type of information collected.
Once the purposes have been achieved and the personal information is no longer required, or if the individual asks us to dispose of it, we ensure that it remains anonymous or that it is destroyed in a manner that protects it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of WorknStay without your consent, with the exception of:
- any entity within our group or related to WorknStay;
- our suppliers of goods or services, organizations or individuals, who have been retained to perform certain functions on our behalf (e.g., data processing, document management, etc.). WorknStay takes steps, by contract or otherwise, to ensure that these third party suppliers of goods or services process your personal information solely for the purpose of providing those goods or services to WorknStay and provide a level of protection for personal information comparable to that provided by WorknStay with respect to the personal information in its possession;
- any entity in the event of a merger or change of control of WorknStay, in whole or in part, only if the parties enter into an agreement that limits the collection, use and disclosure of the information to the purposes of the business transaction; and
- any public authority if required by law.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We request and collect the following personal information about you when you use the WorknStay Platform. This information is necessary for the proper execution of the agreement between you and us and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the services you request.
- Account Information. When creating your WorknStay Account, we ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself.
- Profile and Ad Information. In order to use certain features of the WorknStay Platform (such as booking or creating an ad), we may ask you to provide additional information.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information to the extent permitted by applicable laws or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. In order to use certain features of the WorknStay Platform (such as booking or creating an ad), we may ask you to provide certain financial information to facilitate payment processing used by WorknStay.
- Communications with WorknStay and other members. When you communicate with WorknStay or use the WorknStay Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communications and any information you choose to transmit.
- LENGTH OF RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect and process is hosted and processed exclusively in Canada.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION CONTROLLER
The person responsible for processing personal information undertakes to protect the personal information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without your consent and to respect the purposes for which this information was collected.
When this Policy refers to the terms “WorknStay”, “we”, “us” or “our”, it refers to the company “LES SERVICES INTERMÉDIAIRES D’HÉBERGEMENT WORKNSTAY INC. which is responsible for the information concerning you, in accordance with this privacy policies (the “Data Controller”).
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. The people working for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL Protocol (Secure Sockets Layer)
- SET Protocol (Secure Electronic Transaction)
- Access management – authorized person
- Access management – data subject
- Development of a digital certificate
- Wildcard SSL Certificate
- iThemes Security
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, since no mechanism offers maximum security, a degree of risk is always present when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
We reserve the right to modify it in order to ensure its compliance with applicable law.
WorknStay may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this Site from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access the WorknStay Site.
10.ACCESS AND CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We provide you with the ability to access, update, modify or delete your account or registration information at any time and by yourself by going to the page indicated under the heading “My Account”. You may change or delete this information at your discretion.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec and the applicable laws of Canada, without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Quebec.